Below you will find some newsletters, articles, and other websites for further information on blind horses. We want to keep in touch with you, and let you know what’s happening at Second Chance Ranch! If you do not receive our newsletters, please just e-mail us, and we’ll be happy to send them to you!
- NW Observer September, 2012
- Hope for the Hopeless – Guilford Woman November 2011
- Describing the Darkness – Guilford Woman July 2012
- A Place for Powder – Guilford Woman October 2012
- Just Jack – Guilford Woman January 2013
- The Sharp Knife of a Short Life – Guilford Woman February 2013
- Flurry’s Hope and our founder, Dr. Emilie Storch, were recognized in an article by the Greensboro News & Record in July 2008. Read a copy of the article, entitled “Caring for Blind Horses leads to Children’s Book.”
- One of our horses, Goldie, was spotlighted in the American Horse Magazine in June 2008. Here is the article, entitled “Blind Ambition!”
- The Rolling Dog Ranch Animal Sanctuary in Montana rescues and shelters disabled animals. They maintain a website (www.blindhorses.org) that is dedicated specifically to the blind horses at the ranch. There are many excellent resources at both sites. They also host a website especially for blind Appaloosas (www.blindappaloosas.org).
- From Destitute to Destiny – Guilford Woman November 2012
- Illegal Witness – Guilford Woman March 2013
- Do You Really Know Me? – Guilford Woman May 2013
- We recommend the recently published book Equine Ophthalmology, by Brian Gilger, DVM, MS. The following chapter was written by Dr. Ann Dwyer, a New York equine veterinarian with a special interest in blind horses: Practical Management of Blind Horses (712 KB PDF). Reprinted from Equine Ophthalmology, Brian C. Gilger, Chapter 13, Practical Management of Blind Horses, pages 449-456, copyright 2005, with permission from Elsevier.
- Double G Stables
- Horse Rescue, Relief and Retirement Fund, Inc.
- Do you have a Disability? – Guilford Woman March 2012
- Acceptance – Guilford Woman April 2012
- Unbridled Anger – Guilford Woman December 2012
- The Messenger – Rockinghamnow.com – Sept. 18, 2013
Want some books about horses and others who deserve second chances? Learn more about this and other books by visiting www.restingplacebooks.com.
Also, please visit other “horse-friendly” websites, like HorseFriendsNC.
We need people who will adopt one of these special animals. We are glad to help with as much information and support as possible. Please contact Dr. Emilie Storch for more details.